Lake Moraine

Lake Moraine

A colleague mentioned yesterday that she was going to visit the canadian rockies. And I thought of passing on some tips to the place since we visted it a couple of years back. Generally its easy - I just point people to my blog. But here I noticed that our trip to the Canadian Rockies had completely missed mention on my blog. The reason for not blogging about this trip, I will disclose in due course but for now the next few posts will be on our very wonderful trip to this region.


I will start with some pictures on one of the most scenic lakes in the area - Moraine Lake. Its close to Lake Louise, its bigger and more famous sister lake. A detour of about 15-20 minute drive takes you to this gem colored lake nestled in a valley surrounded by 10 peaks. It was a cloudy, drizzly day when we visited that lake. We could manage only a couple of hikes around the lake - one was to the top of some rock boulders that afforded a high view of the lake and the other was along the lake to the other side. Both were relatively easy hikes and we got plenty of time to amble about lazily and enjoy the views.


Most of the 10 peaks are hidden behind the clouds.

View from the top of the boulders.
There are no touch-ups on this picture - the water looked this blue.

Comments

Nisha said…
These are breath taking shots.
And I believe you about the last photo. I have seen that kind of blue water in Thailand.

Looking fwd to more posts on this.
Mridula said…
Looks very beautiful.

Popular posts from this blog

Wild Animal Park

Twilight and Evening Bell....

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland