Almost 2 years - the fast is finally over

Yep, between the pregnancy and the nursing, I have been off alcohol for that long. I am not a heavy drinker, mind you. But I do like to know that I can sip something here and there whenever I want to. And so these past couple of years I have looked enviously at each and everyone who has sipped something in front of me. Well, the fast is finally over. And what better way to break the fast than visit the wine country in our backyard - Napa Valley. Its barely 1.25 hours drive from where we live. And we decided to visit it last weekend.

First stop was Sterling Vineyards. With an aerial tramway, it was on the top of our list of wineries to visit. Also, they have a self-guided tour - less intimidating and easier to do with a one year old in stow.




The entrance to the winery made quite an impression. The trees were in spring bloom and lined the driveway to the parking lot.









And the views from top were spectacular. You could get a bird's eye view of the entire valley from there. The tasting was at different points along the self guided tour. I am not a wine connoisseur by any regard so I would rather not comment on the wines themselves, but we did come back with a slightly fizzy, sweet wine - a 2008 Malvasia Bianca. I guess it appealed to our Indian taste buds :)







Some tips while we are at it:

Their website has a $5 off coupon that can be used if you reach the winery before 12.30 pm.

Picnic lunches inside the winery are not allowed. We had to picnic in the car.

And Dean and Deluca on Hwy 29 is a good place to pick up some sandwiches.

Comments

Mridula said…
Good to hear that your fast is over!

Popular posts from this blog

Wild Animal Park

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

Twilight and Evening Bell....