Tulips Galore

Before I continue to post on the other 2 national parks we visited during our Seattle trip, I decided to add some color to my blog - who does not like color and on top of that if its flowers, then everyone loves it. So here goes.



On our way to St. Helen from Randle where we had stayed overnight, Sunit and I chanced upon this Tulip field visible from the freeway. We decided to take the exit and see if we could make a short stop and if possible walk through the field. To our pleasant surprise the owner of the field had put up a board saying "Visitors are welcome. Please don't step on the flowers".



I simply loved walking through the fields. We spent some time taking pictures and breathing in the view. Felt like those scenes I had only seen in pictures of tulip fields in Switzerland or Netherland. Except that this was not a picture - it was picture perfect.


Comments

neha vish said…
oooh! me like!
Pooja Aggarwal said…
Thanks for visiting, Neha.
travel plaza said…
Reminded me of the song from silsila, 'dekha ek khwaab to ye silsile ....' Although those flowers in the song were not tulips, I was reminded of that instantly. Lovely pics.
Pooja Aggarwal said…
Funny you should say that, Travel Plaza - Exactly what my brother-in-law said to me after reading my post.

Actually I thought the Silsila flowers were tulips too but may be I am mistaken
Mental Floss said…
Wow! Those Tulips are lovely!
I used to think one would only get to see such a sight in the movies!
travel plaza said…
Pooja,
You're right, those flowers in silsila are tulips. I don't know why I thought otherwise. Hubby also insisted they were tulips, so I did a google search and yup...they sure are:)
Mridula said…
What lovely pictures and just by looking at them I thought maybe you went to Amsterdam! What a wonderful owner too.
Pooja Aggarwal said…
Yeah. He was a nice owner indeed. There was space between the lines of flowers where visitors could walk to avoid stepping onto the flowers.

Popular posts from this blog

Wild Animal Park

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

Fatehpur Sikri